Review of calendar software
I have much to do and I am without a calendar to organise myself. Surely there is a software solution to my problem so I endeavour to survey my options.
- Click on the + (plus) button in the top-right corner of the window.
- Set title, location, start date. Click "Done".
- Event is discarded.
Has a nice date input widget but adding events is broken. Typical dogshit Gnome/DBUS/GTK application.
Nix package size: 2.0 MiB
Nix closure size: 1.7 GiB
- Select a time slot from the calendar and day widget.
- Click on "Click to add a task".
- Error is shown "Failed to open calendar “” - Default calendar not found"
An application that probably worked fine 15 years ago but doesn't work in the slightest now.
Nix package size: 75.0 MiB
Nix closure size: 1.9 GiB
- Start the akonadi database server
- Double-click on a time-slot in the week or day overview widget.
- Enter summary and location.
- Set start time and end. Dates and times must have the appropriate leading zeros.
- Click "OK"
- Shows error "Select a valid collection first.". Not possible to select or create a collection from this dialog.
There are many things going on here, but not the least of which is a functional calendar application.
Nix package size: 12.4 MiB
Nix closure size: 2.6 GiB
Software is shit.